Nightly attempts of live image creation

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Oct 8 12:57:56 UTC 2008

Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 14:18 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Nils Philippsen wrote:
>>> http://www.gnome.org/projects/ seems to suggest the opposite... ;-)
>> Well, that is a list of "GNOME-related projects".
>> OTOH, no mention of GNOME here: http://gimp.org/about/introduction.html
>
> I guess this comes from GIMP pre-dating GNOME by some time and boils
> down to the question of what makes something a "GNOME project" -- it
> uses GNOME infrastructure FWIW.
>
> In the short time I spent on it I've not found a list of components that
> are officially considered "GNOME" when put together, though.

I know is pointless to continue with this, but I can't stop myself
(found a better link): http://www.gimp.org/docs/userfaq.html#Gnome

Is true that GIMP uses a lot of GNOME resources, but it still retains
its independence, this is why is not likely to expect them to have
synchronized  library dependencies (like WebKit) or release dates.