Nightly attempts of live image creation

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 15:49:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 15:57 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Nils Philippsen wrote:
> >> Well, that is a list of "GNOME-related projects".
> >> OTOH, no mention of GNOME here: http://gimp.org/about/introduction.html
> >
> > I guess this comes from GIMP pre-dating GNOME by some time and boils
> > down to the question of what makes something a "GNOME project" -- it
> > uses GNOME infrastructure FWIW.
> >
> > In the short time I spent on it I've not found a list of components that
> > are officially considered "GNOME" when put together, though.
>
> I know is pointless to continue with this, but I can't stop myself
> (found a better link): http://www.gimp.org/docs/userfaq.html#Gnome

Point taken ;-). I seem to remember though that once upon a time GIMP
was listed as part of GNOME (when a new GNOME version was announced, by
the GNOME people -- maybe there's a different POV on this from both
projects...).

> Is true that GIMP uses a lot of GNOME resources, but it still retains
> its independence, this is why is not likely to expect them to have
> synchronized  library dependencies (like WebKit) or release dates.

Agreed.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty