some space saving

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Oct 8 23:24:04 UTC 2008

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 00:46 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>> Here is a patch that adds
>>>
>>> -gnome-games
>>> -yelp
>>> -gimp-help-browser
>>>
>>> to the desktop spin kickstart file. With todays rawhide, it brings the
>>> size down to 715M. Hopefully, with tomorrows rawhide (which actually has
>>> a split off gimp-help-browser), it'll be much closer to 700.
>>>
>>> I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
>>> an error. Can someone else please push this ?
>>>
>> What error did you get? Maybe I can help you resolve the actual issue.
>>

> It has been fixed now. Some permission mess up in the repo.

Was it F-10-Beta branch related by any chance? I've had
refs/heads/F-10-Beta set to read-only as to freeze the branch. Should
you have had any pending commits on that branch, that you had not yet
pushed, git would error out with permission denied trying to write to
the refs/heads/F-10-Beta file...

Please let me know so I know whether setting head files to read-only is
a viable solution to freeze a branch.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen