Voting considered harmful (Was: Re: Echo Icon Theme in F10?)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Oct 15 15:43:01 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Nicu Buculei (nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro) said:
>> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>>> It did occur to me - there are sites like gnome-look.org, kde-look.org;
>>> is there a reason we aren't submitting the theme work (unbranded) we do
>>> there as well?
>> There is no need for that, the theme is already included in other
>> distros like Gentoo.
>>
>> It seems like somebody (a 3-rd party?) submitted it also to gnome-look
>> (which is just another font-end to kde-look):
>> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=49955 but maintenance
>> there is a pain in the ass, you have to manually keep it in sync with
>> our git.
>
> Not just Echo - I mean Nodoka, Solar, Gears, etc.

Nodoka is included in even more distros and a desktop theme (like Solar)
is too volatile and with little use beyond Fedora - other distros can
use the wallpaper, but they have little use of Anaconda splashes and
such (note that we keep the branding low on those images so they *can*
be used by other distros) .