Browser mode for nautilus

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 27 19:25:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 15:16 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 14:50 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > That's outrageously dangerous. And given how little experience you have
> > maintaining systems or networks I'd say your opinion is very humble
> > indeed.
>
> (Awesome. Maybe I should make statements about your experience too.
> Because I mean, I don't know you very well either and talk is cheap.)

If you'd like to have a CV-off with regard to security awareness and
actual experience maintaining and securing systems and networks, I'd be
happy to do so.

Disabling firewalls on individual systems be they desktops or servers is
a BAD idea. Full stop.

> > Please don't give dangerous and costly  advice like this.
>
> Hardly advice if it's suffixed with a question mark? Maybe. Anyway, see
> my other message; maybe I should have elaborated in the original
> message.

I wanted to make sure there was no doubt that disabling firewalls is NOT
something anyone should do.

-sv