Desktop team meetings?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 22 23:55:05 UTC 2008

Matthias Clasen wrote:

> You apparently didn't read what David said: There's no need to force any
> of us to use irc, we're pretty much available 24/7 in #fedora-desktop on
> GimpNet.

This availability helps for casual discussions but it is not possible
for anybody to follow the discussions that happen there 24/7. Having a
predesignated particular time on regular intervals to make decisions
means that others can hope to participate more when the conversations
happen. It is the difference between hallway conversations and team
meetings. This worked out very well other SIG's.

Also #fedora-desktop is the only irc channel that is in gimpnet instead
of freenode. It would be better to move to freenode like all the other
channels.

Rahul