i686 (and likely x86_64) Live image not fitting on CD

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 19:16:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 15:11 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Speaking of releng tickets, any thoughts on moving
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/764 forward?  I hope with that
> we can both avoid last-minute surprises like this and make how the
> images are produced more transparent and consistent.

There has been some progress, we have some resources to use now, and
some space to put things.  Getting it automated is going to be looked at
after beta.

That said, making a Live image is dirt simple.  It requires a rawhide
system, and some disk space.  That's it.  Given that the desktop team
owns the config for this (so I'm told) it would interest your team in at
least doing some manually or requesting some done manually as we near
deadlines (before rather than after..) (:

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!