i686 (and likely x86_64) Live image not fitting on CD

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Sep 23 21:39:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Rahul Sundaram
>> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Since I am playing around with spinning images all the time, I can help
>>> with
>>> this. If desktop team thinks my participation would be useful, let me
>>> know.
>>
>> Definitely - any help is appreciated.
>
> Is there any place where I can upload images after I create them for wider
> testing? Is there restrictions on where I can compose them? Should I be
> de-branding the images?

Well, my ideal on this would be that we land the infrastructure for
automatically creating them daily or even more frequently, and then we
work on committing changes to the kickstart file via peer review.

To help with size issues in particular I don't see a need to
distribute the result - it should be enough to describe the
change+patch ("moved help files into separately downloadable package",
"use bzip2 on changelogs", etc) here.