Replacing Tomboy with Gnote in Fedora GNOME group

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 13 08:26:08 UTC 2009

On 04/13/2009 08:57 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I just packaged and pushed in Gnote, a a port of Tomboy to C++ for
> rawhide (and Fedora 10), a couple of days back. Gnote is compatible with
> Tomboy and you can just cp .tomboy to .gnote and use the notes. The user
> interface is exactly the same.

Thanks Rahul, I was eagerly awaiting to replace Tomboy with something
and get rid of the last trace of Mono from my computer. However, I have
a couple of minor observations:
- it would be handy if Gnote would automatically import at the first use
the existing notes from Tomboy (it seems a manual copy do the job);
- Gnote installs an entry under Applications->Accessories while Tomboy
can be found in the "Add to Panel" dialog, it would be handy for Gnote
to be launched in the same way as Tomboy.