getting kernel panics with f11 beta...

J L lov111 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 18:00:04 UTC 2009

Hi all,

new to this list, and I'm hoping not to get shot down...

I've installed the f11 beta (kde version) from cd on to a T40 laptop (old Pentium M at 1.5Ghz)... 512 Megs RAM

I have had extreme delays (like 3+ hours to install), and even 30+ minutes to boot from CD on this system... not sure if it was a CD/DVD driver issue or what...

In any case, the install worked after much patience,

then I did update the system with yum...

in both cases, before and after the update, I'm getting consistent kernel panics, which I have sent back for analysis.

Also, I'm getting some weird graphics 'melt downs' over time, what happens is 'fuzzy' / 'dirty' graphics are progressively happening mostly on window borders/title areas, and it seems to get worse over time.

If you would like a screenshot, I could provide one... but basically, imagine a non-linear type corruption which would turn an otherwise monochromatic background section of a title bar into a dual or tri-colored pattern...

I have run low level diagnostics on this system, and a full memory test which shows no errors.