Dropping Gimp from the live cd

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 5 14:53:29 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009 05:34 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> I am going to seriously push for targetting a 1GB usb stick for F13.
>> Continuing to squeeze ever-shrinking amounts of useful content onto a CD
>> is a dead-end. Localized spins and lang-packs could delay the
>> inevitable, but rpm seems unable to give us a working lang-pack
>> solution...
>
> a 1gb usb stick seems not-unreasonable. Jumping to a DVD seems like a
> larger leap, to me.

1GB USB sticks may hold enough content for a good user experience, but
from a cost perspective DVDs, even if not full, may prove a better
solution: we give away an important number of CDs at various events.
Replacing those with USB sticks would cost a lot more but replacing them
with DVDs will cost about the same.

So probably a good middle ground is to target the spin size-wise at 1GB
sticks and distribute it on DVDs.