Dropping Gimp from the live cd

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 16:50:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 09:39 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> This still elludes the question that's being asked.  If the LiveCD's
> target audience is office workers wanting to do things with the livecd,
> then this plus Bill's note that we still have apps on the livecd to do
> basic photo touchups is sufficent.  But for the people wanting to show
> others what Fedora and free software are capable of at conferences and
> shows, there is a desire to show people the best of breed software.

The problem is that with a CD sized target, there just isn't enough
space to both A) have a generally useful system for doing
web/email/etc.. and B) have room to showcase grate software that is
generally only available on Linux (Firefox isn't a great example as you
can run that on MSFT and OSX just fine, why go to the effort of running
Fedora for it?).

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!