Dropping Gimp from the live cd

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 14:52:47 UTC 2009

Nicu Buculei (nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro) said:
>> 1. my email
>> 2. all the news in the world
>> 3. a system for developing on
>> 4. the necessary tools for adding new things to my system
>> 5. all the documentation I could ever want
>>
>> that sounds pretty encompassing to me.
>
> So the audience of the Desktop Live CD, the one featured prominently on
> the download page (the first item there) and described as "It's
> everything you need to try out Fedora" is programmers/system
> administrators?

Yes, that's why the LiveCD has Eclipse, gcc, and lots of -devel
packages for programmers, and has wireshark, puppet, cobbler, and
nmap for system administrators. Wait, what?

I do not see at *all* how you make the leap from "LiveCD does not
include Gimp" to "LiveCD must be for programmers and administrators."

Bill