GNOME Shell support in desktop-effects

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Aug 31 22:40:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 12:55 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Sounds like you have severe performance problems going on:
>
>  - What video card?
>  - Does compiz work well?

GeForce 9500 GT
Compiz doesn't work.

I tried the gnome-shell as of few minutes ago, it turned black
background with some writing at the top but nothing ever came in real
clear and guess it never worked.  It never did ask me if I could see
anything or if it was ok to use.  Maybe it's my card, not sure.  I do
know if I was on F11 and using the propr. driver from nvidia, compiz
does work.  So maybe I would have to use that for this as well?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY