libopenraw

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 13:40:33 UTC 2009

I adopted the orphaned libopenraw package and am planning on updating
it to 0.0.8 from 0.0.5. The most visible changes are that it is now
LGPLv3+ and not LGPLv2+ and it provides a GdkPixbufLoader for RAW
images. I am planning to put the GdkPixbufLoader into its separate
subpackage (libopenraw-pixbuf-loader) depending on the base
(libopenraw-package). The libopenraw-gnome will only depend on the
base package.

The GdkPixbufLoader is not perfect but it works if one explicitly
creates a GdkPixbufLoader for the appropriate mimetype for the RAW
image. Otherwise if a GdkPixbuf is directly created from a RAW file,
somehow the TIFF loader tries to open it instead. Some bugs which
might be of interest:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/25464
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/25368

I am putting it in Rawhide for the moment. Not sure whether to put
into F11 or F12 because GThumb and the GNOME thumbnailer are using
dcraw and ufraw respectively to handle RAW and I am unsure as to
whether this will interfere in weird ways or not.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.