GObject-introspection enablement

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 16:34:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 15:57 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Heya,
>
> I've fixed gir-repository building, and am currently building
> gnome-bluetooth with introspection support.
>
> If you have a library or program that provides introspection, it would
> be nice for you to enable it. If you run into any problems, feel free to
> poke at people on the #fedora-desktop channel on GIMPNet, or drop a mail
> here.

What's the status of Python 3 support in the code?

Background: I want to build out a Python 3 stack for Fedora 12, parallel
to the main python 2 stack [1]

Chatting with Colin Walters at FUDcon I got the impression that it might
be easier to add Python 3 support to gir than to port all of the
hand-coded python bindings to python 3.

http://live.gnome.org/PyGI seems to be the best description of this;
there's a mention of Python 3 here as well:
http://live.gnome.org/PyGObject

Thanks
Dave

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python3F13