gnome-applets

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Dec 15 20:45:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Why is this a mandatory package at this stage of the desktop? Unless
> I missed something, we don't ship any of these applets in the default
> panel config, and it's not required by anything on a normal desktop
> install.

A concern here is there's a big difference between mandatory
(installed by default) and optional (deeply buried, you have to know a
magic package name string to find).  We could possibly change the "Add
to Panel" dialog to have a button "Install Popular Applets" which
calls out to PackageKit if we wanted to reduce disk space usage or
whatever I guess.