testable things in rawhide

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 20:06:25 UTC 2009

I felt I should highlight one of the almost complete F11 features that
have recently landed in rawhide and are waiting to be tried out...

Marek has pretty much completed his work on making system-config-printer
use PolicyKit to control access to privileged operations:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/CupsPolicyKitIntegration

To see how the policies apply, just open system-config-printer and try
to make changes to your printer configuration.

To change or inspect cups-related policies, go to System ➔ Preferences ➔
Authorizations and navigate to the org.opensuse.cupspkhelper part of the
tree. (As the name indicates, this feature is a collaboration between us
and some OpenSUSE guys).

Please let us know if things work as expected (or if they don't...)

Matthias