Menu structure change

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 21:01:00 UTC 2009

On 02/06/2009 03:12 PM, drago01 wrote:
> Removing stuff will get people search for the tools in google instead
> of in the other menu categories.
>
> There must be a better solution than either "leave it as is" and "just
> present  a long list"

Please don't jump to conclusions.  Removing stuff from a specific menu
doesn't necessarily mean removing functionality.

For example, two things that could[*] be done to the "Screen Resolution"
item is to combine it with something else, say maybe the "Appearance"
dialog, or even to turn it into an applet which could arguably be more
convenient for those that need to adjust it on from time to time.

Another example, the "Assistive Technologies" item has one checkbox and
then buttons which launch other items already in the menus, two of which
have accessibility tabs already in them.  That could surely be re-worked
better?

* Note that I am not necessarily recommending any of those, just citing
them as examples.