Menu structure change

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Feb 16 15:46:52 UTC 2009

Martin Sourada wrote:

> Not necessarily. It's easier to navigate through shorter menus, divided
> logically, than in one loooong manu that hardly fits your screen, at
> least for me ;-) Although, I don't say the current sorting is flawless.

This is one of the reason I rarely use the bookmarks in Firefox: the
list is so long that I have to scroll it a lot even on my large display
so it's awful to find anything in there. Completely unusable, but I know
it is my guilt for not having organized it in folders.

> E.g. what is the difference between Preferences->System and
> Administration? Gnome-control-center does not differentiate between
> those two :~/

Actually that one should be simple: everything under "Preferences" is
supposed to affect only the logged-in account and everything under
"Administration" is account-independent.