Cleaning up the Administration menu on the live cd

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 7 15:39:57 UTC 2009

On 07/07/2009 08:47 PM, Dan Williams wrote:

> Setup should be using NetworkManager already...  it just writes out
> ifcfg files based on your DHCP/Static choice and lets NM do whatever.

If you really think NM now provides all that s-c-n provides, shouldn't
it be removed from the repo itself?  I don't think we are at that stage
yet and it would be useful to understand why users are continuing to use
s-c-n before dropping it from the default installation. Tools that are
being used by our users to get on the network cannot be dropped from the
default because it would create a chicken and egg problem.

Rahul