A less cluttered desktop

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 14:53:25 UTC 2009

> In anticipation of the corresponding upstream change, I have just built
> a change to the GConf schemas in libgnome to not show icons in menus and
> buttons by default anymore.
>
> This change may take a little while to get used to, but I hope that most
> people will come around and appreciate the less cluttered desktop.
>

> Feedback appreciated.

I bet the first question people will ask is:

"But how do I turn them back on? I LOVE THE MENU ICONS SO MUCH!"

So probably this will need a release note that explains how to turn it
back on if desired. I'm guessing that's:

System->Preferences->Appearance, Interface tab, "Show icons in menus"

Is that right?

-w