A less cluttered desktop

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 07:52:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Matthias Clasen<mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 12:04 +0200, drago01 wrote:
>

>> Well, would it be possible to add a separate gconf key for it?
>> I tested the "no icons mode" but well it looks like crap if you are
>> used to the "icon mode".
>>

> Can you be more specific here ? What is 'it' ? And what looks like
> crap ? Are you talking about the panel menu or menus in general ?

"It" = panel menu.

Well I was talking about the whole desktop experience, having no
menu/button icons somehow fells "odd" (ie. for me it looks like crap),
but this is a pure subjective thing, because I am used to it for
years. (windows use no menu/button icons except for the "start menu"
and people are not complaining).