Automatic Bug Reporting Tool ( ABRT )

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Jun 29 22:08:43 UTC 2009

Does anyone have any info on which components support or are supported
by abrt or how it's  their wiki does not mention it nor how to it's done?

The reason I ask is because I'm working in trying to improve reporting
and their faced with same problem as we @ QA are which is we need to
know what maintainers want on their report. ( which files to attache etc )
If ye want to see more about improved reporting here
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Improve_reporting#Lack_of_needed_information_for_maintainer.28s.29_to_be_able_to_successfully_work_with_the_report.

I took a look at their Gui and suggested some improvements
https://fedorahosted.org/abrt/attachment/ticket/53/Automatic%20Bug%20Reporting%20Tool%20Mockup1.png
https://fedorahosted.org/abrt/attachment/ticket/53/ABRT_simple_bug_filing_form.png
There is no rocket science behind my suggestion the upcoming Bugzilla
release is introducing a simpler reporting form see
http://lpsolit.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/simpler-form-to-file-bugs-in-bugzilla-3-4/
if we make abrt look as similar to the bugzilla as we can we reduce the
learning curve for reporters. Reporters that start using abrt will have
no problem using our bugzilla ( if needed ) nor will reporters that are
used to use the bugzilla have no problem using abrt.

Feed back appreciated.

JBG