xguest in the live cd

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 16:59:04 UTC 2009

> My goal was to get the desktop live cd experience to match the Fedora
> DVD experience as closely as possible. Now, you will get xguest by
> default only if you install from the live cd. I think such deviations
> should be avoided. Speaking from the documentation perspective, these
> things are very much a pain.

In this case, we're using the Beta as an experiment, not as a final
setting.  Where to put the package in comps is a real problem when you
consider interaction with other DEs and WMs and LMs, particularly at
this stage of the freeze.  If things go well with xguest being on the
Live image we can then discuss how to appropriately place it in comps
after beta.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!