Desktop background Idea for F12 feature..

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed May 13 22:57:22 UTC 2009

There was pointed out to the art list [1] MS plans for personalization [2].

It would be good to get some developers input on idea I had.

Is it possible to add an feature to  "gnome-appearance-properties" in
"backgrounds"

A) Browse online "gallery(s)"
( Each distro and upstream DE can have it's own gallery to present to
its end users )
B) Preview selected image(s) to the end user
C) Set that image as the end user background
E) Add the ability so that each user can have his own background
( User A has background image A, User B background image B etc )
D) Save the background in user home folder

By having an online background browser it save the bandwith footprint
and disk space
usage and the work related to package "selected" background images.

Thoughts/input

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2009-May/msg00135.html
[2]
http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/05/02/a-little-bit-of-personality.aspx

--
Viking-Ice

One of my gods has a hammer your's was nailed to a cross
You do the math!