Sort order for multiple providers [WAS: Re: Gnote 0.3.0 - includes applet and more plugins]

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 6 16:35:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 17:27 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Yes, and nobody wants to do the work, so we are in the same place
> where MTA is decided by the length of the package name. Which is
> certainly the best.

That's hardly fair.  When the user doesn't express any preference for an
MTA, either explicitly, or through the use of the "base" group in comps,
then yes, yum resorts to the best providers algorithm to satisfy the
generic mta requirement.  With no other hints, all things wind up being
equal amongst our MTA providers and yum does finally have to resort to
shortest name.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!