Desktop background Idea for F12 feature..

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu May 14 10:39:58 UTC 2009

On 05/14/2009 01:57 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Is it possible to add an feature to  "gnome-appearance-properties" in
> "backgrounds"
>
> A) Browse online "gallery(s)"
> ( Each distro and upstream DE can have it's own gallery to present to
> its end users )

I don't understand this, start a web browser and navigate the websites?
Why not use a RSS feed?

> B) Preview selected image(s) to the end user
> C) Set that image as the end user background

This is pretty much like setting the background from Firefox, which we
can already do.

> E) Add the ability so that each user can have his own background
> ( User A has background image A, User B background image B etc )
> D) Save the background in user home folder

Isn't this how backgrounds work by default? You have to take extra steps
to sett it for more than one user.

> By having an online background browser it save the bandwith footprint
> and disk space
> usage and the work related to package "selected" background images.

For this we would also need a suitable on-line gallery