polkit-gnome-authorization missing

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 18 20:17:03 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag, den 18.10.2009, 14:07 -0400 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 12:31 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >
> > Understood, but this is not really following the fhs. .pkla files are
> > config files, so shouldn't they be in /etc?
> >

> 'config file' is really a bit simplistic, and doesn't really describe
> the situation adequately. Whether something is a config file or not
> depends a lot on your role. As I mentioned earlier, we have a package
> that installs files in /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/10-vendor.d,
> those are certainly not config files in the sense that you as a local
> administrator are supposed to edit them.

Agreed, but I as the administrator would need to configure things
in /var/lib/polkit-1 in order to customize the settings. This is usually
done in /etc and called "configuration".

> And 20-org.d, 30-site.d don't
> really fit into the 'host-specific configuration data' bucket either.

Not really sure about 20-org.d and 30-site.d because after reading the
manpage I still don't fully understand the meanings of "the organization
deploying the system" (GNOME, KDE, Xfce? My company?) and "site
deploying the system" (what does "site" mean in this context?).

Anyway, I think we both agree that 50-local.d definitely contains
"host-specific configuration data", do we?

Regards,
Christoph