Some recent changes
mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 12:54:38 UTC 2009
Since some folks have wondered, here is a list of some recent changes we
have done to the panel configuration in the desktop spin:
- Gnote has been moved to the left, with the other launchers, the user
switcher has been moved to the far right and the show desktop button has
- We have added padding between objects on the panel. If you don't like
this for some reason, you can remove it by
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel/padding 0
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/toplevels/bottom_panel/padding 0
- We have added padding between status icons in the notification area.
If you like your icons close to each other, use
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/applets/systray/prefs/padding 0
- 'Standard' status icons are now put in a fixed order on the right,
while other icons are placed to the left. This means that your volume
control, network, battery, bluetooth indicators will no longer jump
around as icons come and go.
- The clock applet now has a default location, since this feature is
much easier to grasp if there is an initial location.
More information about the Fedora-desktop-list