Some recent changes

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 17:30:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 13:23 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

> We could try a 9-month release schedule like we did with FC5. I seem to
> recall that ended in tears, though.

Just stretching things out is not going to help obviously, because
people would do more feature development. As I said, to make a
difference, you have to specifically stretch the non-feature-development
phases to make a difference. Or calm things down far enough in rawhide
that the feature-development phase is not a total loss in terms of
having a usable and testable system. I hope that the various rawhide
changes that are underway are going to get some results in that
direction next cycle.