UI Discussion

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 21 07:20:41 UTC 2009

On 10/21/2009 05:47 AM, William Jon McCann wrote:

> <mccann> oh
> <mccann> we should probably ditch the "stretch icon" option
> <mccann> not even close to common enough to be there
> <mclasen> thats an old eazel-era feature
> <mclasen> from when nautilus was all about zooming in for more details
> <mccann> yeah it is silly
> * mclasen remembers fixing that up at some point
> <mclasen> but I agree that it should probably go

To focus on one thing:  I actually use this option quite often. My home
or trash folder is bigger than the other items in a sometimes cluttered
desktop to make it easy for me to drag something into it or click on it
without having to spend much time focusing on it.  This is why getting
feedback from users is important.

I am sorry that I cannot stay on IRC all the time and I would prefer if
more conversations happened on mailing list or atleast if the IRC logs
were posted when such discussions happen. It would help understand
things better even if we don't agree on the outcome.

Rahul