Interested in helping improve the Fedora desktop experience?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 21 18:34:46 UTC 2009

On 10/21/2009 02:30 PM, William Jon McCann wrote:
> If I'm a consumer and I see "Live Image" with no other context - I say
> as opposed to... "dead?"  And of course, we know that isn't the case.
> It is, actually, as opposed to the "older technology that just runs an
> installer but not in the familiar desktop environment but may be
> better for servers but we don't know exactly why and no one looks at
> anymore and oh yeah it does upgrades" CD/DVD.  Oh yeah - silly me.

Great points. Also, in some of the website design stuff I've been doing
for fpo it seems we do have a bit of a naming nightmare -

live image
live media
live usb
live cd
spins

These terms are at points used synonymously and at other points
exclusively. If I didn't know the nuances of what each meant I'd be
super, super confused trying to do anything with Fedora I think.

~m