No IRC support in Fedora 12?!?

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 11 20:09:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-10 at 22:29 -0600, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 10:40:47PM +0000, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> >
> > Are Fedora developers aware of that? Is there some fallback plan to
> > include IRC support in default Fedora Desktop spin in some other way?
>
> This is a fair point, since we do have live help channels on IRC and
> not some other sort of messaging standard right now.  The
> telepathy-idle package is 166KB according to yum info.  Does this
> present a problem?

No,the reason we didn't have a requires on tp-idle is that at the time
(I think this was around the F10 timeframe, but I could be wrong) we
didn't feel that it was ready to be installed by default.  If folks feel
we should add the requires, I've got no problem with that.

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

identi.ca: http://identi.ca/bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E