polkit-gnome-authorization missing

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sat Oct 17 04:11:16 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> This GUI tool seems to have been lost in the transition to PolicKit-1.
> Is there a plan on getting it back? It was quite convenient.  If not,
> what is the recommended method?

We don't plan to bring a ui like that back. If you need to tweak policy,
the local authority uses a simple file-based configuration, see
pklocalauthority(8). Medium-term, we want to have a simple group-based
configuration that will be accessible via some ui, see the
polkit-desktop-policy package for the groundwork.