Recent changes to gnome-panel

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 15:07:20 UTC 2009

Hi, guys. This is a reply to the 'Some recent changes' thread, but I
wasn't subscribed at that time so can't reply to it directly.

Echoing the concerns raised by Jóhann Guðmundsson, I wanted to pass on
some discussion of these changes from the forums:

there's concern that this kind of highly-visible behaviour change
shouldn't be introduced this late in the cycle. When I talked to
Matthias on IRC he seemed to think the changes to remove the 'show
desktop' button and reduce the default number of workspaces from 4 to 2
should affect only new users, but the forum discussion seems to indicate
they actually affect existing users too. Is this considered a bug?

(slowjet's problems with icons not showing up and crashing I'll deal
with just as a bug.)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey