Re: Padding 10 in gnome-panel

On 10/19/2009 02:36 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 15:15 +0400, Alexey Torkhov wrote:
Hi.

I’m wondering why was padding 10 added to default gnome-panel
configuration? My panel at 1280x1024 with bunch of elements has now
difficulties to fit them all. And at smaller resolutions, for example,
at netbooks that wouldn’t be useful at all.

The padding was added because it makes things look less crammed
together.

Wow. FWIW, I think it sucks. In any case padding 10 is far too large as I can fit an icon in between every other icon -not to mention stuff not fitting in the screen's width.

 If it doesn't work for you,

gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel/padding 0
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/toplevels/bottom_panel/padding
0

How do I set this for all users so that I can deploy it for all users over all systems?

-- Jeroen