Some recent changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 17:19:25 UTC 2009

> Last minute is hardly accurate when we still have 4 weeks to go to the
> actual release. Thats 1/6 of the entire devel cycle.

Small point of fact.  It's 4 weeks until the release date.  We have to
have things composed and staged to mirrors nearly a week prior to that,
and thus in RC stage a few days before that.  You most certainly do not
have 4 weeks of bugfixing left.  I'd prefer all changes are done by Nov
10th so that we can enter the RC stage and only pick up changes that
would prevent the release of Fedora 12.

Fedora 12 was a compressed release, we knew that creating the schedule
and going into the release.  That means we have to cut some corners and
make some sacrifices in order to get back to our May day / Halloween
schedule.

Now if we want to change that from a 6 month dirge to something more
stretched out, I would welcome that, in addition to the other changes we
are making to maximize both development time and polish time.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!