Some recent changes

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Oct 20 17:20:50 UTC 2009

On 10/20/2009 04:13 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 21:14 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> On 10/20/2009 09:03 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
> What users ? There are no F12 users at this point. What we have right
> now are testers, and I appreciate their feedback, but I judge it based
> on the knowledge that most people have an initial negative reaction to
> _any_ change.

Well my feed back to removing the show desktop is a no no..

Regarding changing the default number of workspaces I would say either
remove workspaces altogether and let the end user add it if he will be
using more then one workspace and at the same time he can configure how
many workspace he thinks/knows he will be using or keep current
workspaces as is.

Am a bit more worried about the panels looks like we have not been
testing them very well and or provide feed back..

Btw these changes only affect fresh installations right?

End users who have spent hours, day's even last 6 month to configured
their Gnome desktop the way they want, their configuration wont get
overwritten during upgrade?

If it does what exactly gets overwritten during upgrades (
settings/configurations )?

JBG