Some recent changes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 20:00:47 UTC 2009

> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 15:50 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>

> > That's what I'm talking about here - you and others are essentially holding
> > the Desktop SIG to a standard, of your creation, that moves over time, that
> > you don't actually hold anyone else to, including the SIGs you're actually
> > a part of!
> >
> > I find that kind of hypocritical, toxic, behavior frustrating and silly.
>
> Alternatively, we could take it as a sign the our stuff is the one
> people actually care about, because it is in they face unlike the
> kernel...

I think it's more accurate to say that it's rare for any particular
kernel change to affect more than a few people in a way they actually
notice as a jarring change, while it's much more common for changes to
the behaviour or appearance of the desktop used by the majority of our
users to have that effect. Just the different nature of the components.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey