Some recent changes

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Oct 20 20:16:20 UTC 2009

On 10/20/2009 09:35 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 12:17 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

>>> In fact, GNOME isn't doing any of this, and you should have said
>>> *change* rather then *add*.
>>
>> The padding changes were actually prompted by upstream GNOME bug reports
>> and will go upstream, AIUI. Only the 'show desktop' button change and
>> number of workspaces change are unique to Fedora.
>
> We send all of our patches upstream, as a matter of policy - unless they
> are really really Fedora specific. If and when they will be accepted
> upstream is a different question.

I was under the impression that only rawhide left package maintainers
with a kind of liberty to ship patches that are not (yet) accepted
upstream. I'm not sure how this aligns with the current situation where
all of our gears are lined up towards releasing Fedora 12, while GNOME
packages may have patches that may not be accepted upstream (yet) by the
time Fedora 12 is released. It's not so much a tight schedule I guess
since Fedora 12 is still a few weeks away, but then again I'm not
familiar with how fast GNOME responds to patches adding new "features"
however of minor impact.

-- Jeroen