Some recent changes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:03:55 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 20.10.2009, 14:13 -0400 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 14:11 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip at kanarip.com) said:
> > > Next time, I might just re-consider using KDE (and have my users use
> > > KDE as well, while I'm at it).
> >
> > GNOME adds a configuration setting that wasn't there before, user threatens
> > to go to KDE. There's a first for everything!
>
> We can't win...

The more you talk of "us" and "we", the more obvious it becomes that you
mean a group of like 3 or 4 people, who make decisions and that scare
off the a large number of contributors. The growing number of
discussions on this list is the proof.

I repeatedly asked how many people were involved in the recent changes
(not only the panel layout but also the notification theme etc.), but so
far none of you cared to reply. How would you expect people to "show up
and get involved" then?

Regards,
Christoph