UI Discussion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed Oct 21 13:00:17 UTC 2009

On 10/21/2009 12:13 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:

>>> I find it rather hard to believe that a different irc network is really
>>> th reason people aren't joinin the channel.
>>>
>> I agree - and that is the reason why I didn't state something like that.
>>
>> But still having a channel on a completely different irc-network does
>> send a message - that's all I'm saying.
>>
> The Desktop SIG uses the network that GNOME's upstream uses. We have
> very many people on the channel that are GNOME hackers, and work for
> other companies. The current setup suits us pretty well.

If I recall correctly there was an #fedora-desktop channel with an
gateway that nirik setup that posted what ever was posted there to the
other channel hence establishing communication channel between
irc-networks they asked that gateway to be closed at that time.

They might wanna shed some light in the reasoning behind doing so...

The root cause is not a technical issue it's lack of communication
transparency and openness.

If the Gnome desktop SIG truly wants to achieve vibrant community it
needs to communicate more, become transparent and more open to feed back
suggestion and ideas and thus giving the individuals participating the
feeling that they are a part of a *TEAM*.....

There is one thing I have noticed is that the Gnome Desktop SIG seems
too focused chasing the *new (m$)* end user and making the adjustments
to it's DE according their needs and totally ignoring the already
established Fedora Gnome Desktop user base.. Just bear that in mind when
you make changes..

JBG