Interested in helping improve the Fedora desktop experience?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 21 15:24:15 UTC 2009

Hi Seth,

On 10/21/2009 11:07 AM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> okay so when you use the word "Terrible" you really mean "somewhat
> unpolished"?

> B/c it doesn't sound to me like you're talking about massive changes to
> the interface or experience at all. I'm glad they can make a big
> difference but 'terrible' in my mind invokes a ground-up redo. What
> you've described doesn't  sound like that at all.

Well, I think at this point not having gone through the UIs and done a
bit of analysis, it was probably premature of me to make a judgement
either way on the rate of terrible or not-so-terribleness. :) It's
unpolished at a minimum if you look the poor examples I gave.

I've attached an email I received from a very technical Java developer
writing about his F11 install experience this past weekend, after
remembering I had it. I would qualify it as being even worse than
terrible which is probably why the word came to mind in the first place. :(

~m