Interested in helping improve the Fedora desktop experience?

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Oct 21 15:40:15 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:

> I've attached an email I received from a very technical Java developer
> writing about his F11 install experience this past weekend, after
> remembering I had it. I would qualify it as being even worse than
> terrible which is probably why the word came to mind in the first place. :(

The anaconda crashes aside, look like most of the serious problems
were graphics driver related.  I think the story particularly with
nVidia will be notably better with F12.

Personally I don't worry too much about this kind of thing because we
have a fundamental disadvantage here of not being preinstalled with
the computer.  Ever tried to install Windows on a blank machine
without having all the drivers beforehand?  It sucks.