Transparency on the new tooltips not working in Firefox?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 20:51:16 UTC 2009

> Both firefox and OpenOffice have their own tooltip implementations and
> just use GTK+ theme colors. I have hope to get that fixed at least for
> OpenOffice.

They both (well I only checked OOo, but FF is pretty much the same
thing) basically call...

gtk_paint_flat_box( GtkTooltipWidget->style,
 target_drawable,
 GTK_STATE_NORMAL,
 GTK_SHADOW_OUT,
 &clipRect,
 GtkTooltipWidget,
 "tooltip",
 x, y, w, h );

(see vcl/unx/gtk/gdi/salnativewidgets-gtk.cxx)

to ask gtk to render the tooltip widget (as it does for the other
widgets), but the new tooltip sniffyness is in gtk's
gtk_tooltip_paint_window, a level above the gtk_paint_flat_box so its
unavailable to OOo/FF. I don't see a straightforward fix.

C.