[Fwd: F12 icon completeness issues]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 21:01:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 16:44 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 13:09 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > this seems an appropriate topic for desktop-list...
>
> I don't think there is much to discuss, though.
>
> Yes, the missing abrt icon is a problem. But the fact that not every
> item in Places and System has an icon was our design decision, and is
> not a bug in any way.
>
> I don't see how those 'missing' icons could even theoretically be
> considered a release blocker. They don't cause a problem in any way.

I dunno, I didn't write those criteria. I guess the idea was to have
some kind of standard for final desktop polish. I guess my question was
more or less what you answered above - whether this list knows why this
is in the release criteria, and whether you'd agree with it.

Though looking at it again, it's a 'should' not a 'must' issue. Which by
my understanding means it's not intended to actually be a blocker (only
things on the release criteria page with the keyword 'must' indicate
things we'd block for).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey