Redirecting ABRT spam

Matthew Barnes mbarnes at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 13:41:57 UTC 2009

Now that Fedora's ABRT system has begun spewing random Evolution crash
reports at me, I have to spend more time manually forwarding the stack
traces upstream to our BugBuddyBugs component that we designated for
this kind of thing.  So far the flow of incoming reports is a mere
trickle, but I expect this to become much more time consuming once
Fedora 12 is released.

Bug Buddy was able to read X-GNOME-Bugzilla-* keys from the
application's .desktop file, allowing maintainers -some- control over
where crash reports were directed.

Does ABRT have some kind of similar feature that would allow me to
redirect crash reports to GNOME Bugzilla instead of Red Hat Bugzilla?

Matthew Barnes