Redirecting ABRT spam

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 14:35:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 08:41 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> Now that Fedora's ABRT system has begun spewing random Evolution crash
> reports at me, I have to spend more time manually forwarding the stack
> traces upstream to our BugBuddyBugs component that we designated for
> this kind of thing.  So far the flow of incoming reports is a mere
> trickle, but I expect this to become much more time consuming once
> Fedora 12 is released.
>
> Bug Buddy was able to read X-GNOME-Bugzilla-* keys from the
> application's .desktop file, allowing maintainers -some- control over
> where crash reports were directed.
>
> Does ABRT have some kind of similar feature that would allow me to
> redirect crash reports to GNOME Bugzilla instead of Red Hat Bugzilla?
>
> Matthew Barnes

The abrt bugzilla plugin lets you configure what bugzilla to use. But
that's user configuration, not something you can tweak on a per-package
basis. It would be nice to have a checkbox there, maybe

[ ] Use the bugzilla instance that is recommended by the package

Another thing that would be good to prevent and F12 bug flood is to make
duplicate catching work better. I've had to manually mark a number of
abrt reports with very similar stacktraces as dupes. I would have
expected abrt to figure that out by itself.

Matthias