A new notification theme

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:04:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 09:23 +0100, Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
> 2009/9/25 Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>:
> > Tomorrows rawhide will have a new notification theme for Gnome.
> >
> > The aim of this new theme is to integrate well with the theming in the
> > rest of the desktop (which wasn't really the case with nodoka bubbles
> > and a clearlooks desktop).

Do you have a screen-shot anywhere? I hope it's not a step back to the
original ugly plain-color engine which does not fit with Clearlooks any
better than the Nodoka one does... I cannot check for myself since I'm
still unable to install Rawhide on my machine :(

> I'll have to try it later. One thing that the F11 theme didn't get
> right is that when using a GTK+ theme with text (dark themes) it is
> unreadable due to the bubble's light yellow background.

This has been fixed in rawhide already (see rhbz 498422), but I haven't
pushed it back to sable releases because it also changes the colour for
default theme and I don't have any idea how to fix that...

> Anyway, if there are less notifications it's not much of a problem anymore :-)
>
> Rui
Martin